Wednesday 20 July 2016

Do Sneakers Really Need to Be High Tech Or Made By Designers?

Whoever said that running was a cheap exercise has not seen the receipts for my running shoes.
Unknown

I know they’re not called sneakers anymore; now they’re walkers, trainers or runners and there’s a shoe specific to any and every sport. And that’s not all. There are shoes actually constructed for different gaits. How many of you know if you overpronate or supinate (which is actually underpronation)? Or do you need a neutral runner (which means that you don’t over or under pronate)? You now need extensive medical training to understand what type of sneakers to buy and a big wallet because high tech sneakers don't come cheap.

When I was a kid we all had a pair of sneakers, usually white which we made dirty as quickly as possible. I can’t remember why but we never wanted our sneakers to look new. They certainly weren’t expensive and we wore them during gym class or out playing so we wouldn’t ruin our good (and expensive) shoes that we wore to school.

Sneakers are now a fashion item and all of the designers are in the game. They don’t care if you overpronate or supinate. They only care that you’ll spend hundreds of dollars to make what they consider to be a fashion statement in designer sneakers; and the prices will make your head spin!

  • Maison Margiela: $1,256.00
  • Valentino: $1,060.00
  • Guiseppe Zanotti: $983.00
  • Givenchy: $895.00
  • Fendi: $700.00
  • Prada: $595.00
  • Alexander McQueen: $575.00
  • Stella McCartney: $565.00

I have to confess to how unfashionable I really am. I was recently away on my annual golf holiday with my friend Sue and we went outlet shopping at the Birch Run Outlet Mall in Michigan. At the Easy Spirit store in the clearance section I found great sneakers for $14.95, and they’re cute too! I was so excited that I bought 2 pairs. Last Saturday I was out walking in my new $14.95 sneakers for 2.5 hours and I can honestly tell you that I’ve never worn anything more comfortable in my life. Every year on my annual pilgrimage to Michigan I'll be visiting the Easy Spirit store to stock up on sneakers. I can say with a great deal of certainty that designer sneakers will never be in my future.

Dudes can’t afford to take their girl on $200 dates cuz they buy $200 sneakers every weekend to impress other men.
oliviabosschick

Make someone smile today.

Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment