Sunday 10 April 2016

FREE AT LAST – FROM ROGERS

Dear Customer Service,
First of all, you should know I’m typing this with my middle finger.
SomeECards.com

Many of you already know I got rid of Rogers for Internet and cable TV (thankfully they were never my mobile provider) some time ago and have been more than delighted. However, I was still left with one indirect tie to Rogers which I have now severed most completely.

When I changed Internet Service Providers to Start.ca, since I already had a cable connection in the house the easiest thing to do was to connect the new modem to the existing cable. Unfortunately this only solved half of my problem. The good news was I no longer had to deal with Rogers, which was a tonic for my nervous system. Start is a model of excellent customer service. Unfortunately Start uses Rogers cable so although I now had excellent customer service, my actual service was no better.

I seem to live in one of several areas where Rogers has had ongoing problems; we experience frequent, lengthy outages. Instead of solving the problem, Rogers manages to put a Band-Aid on it each time and hope that it will go away. Of course, it never does. Recently I’ve been experiencing outages on a weekly basis and I was not prepared to deal with this anyone. So, I contacted Start and asked to be changed to a DSL line from Bell. The deed is done and now I am totally and completely free from Rogers. My computer, that I thought had become sluggish as a result of being five years old, is humming along and my TV never freezes or has trouble loading (I stream TV) anymore.

I should have cut all ties with Rogers years ago instead of tolerating bad service and bad customer service for the sake of convenience. As consumers the only voice we have is with our dollars. Spend your money wisely.

A satisfied customer — we should have him stuffed!
Basil Fawlty from the series Fawlty Towers

Make someone smile today.

Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment