Saturday 21 January 2017

Every Woman’s Greatest Fear – Bathing Suit Shopping!


I’m going bathing suit shopping this morning which means I’ll be having Xanax for lunch.
Hippo Quotes

Women are born to shop. We shop in person; we shop online. The bottom line is that we love to shop. It’s in our DNA. Shopping is an activity we do solo or share with friends. We swap shopping stories and spread the news about a great sale faster than any social media platform. Women return like homing pigeons to favourite stores or malls. And we sign up for flash sale news in case God forbid we miss something. As women, a love of shopping, or retail therapy, is something that we almost all share with one exception. No one wants to shop for bathing suits.

No matter how a woman feels about her body, nothing is more discouraging than bathing suit shopping. It’s not about how we look in a bathing suit; it’s about how bathing suit shopping makes us feel. Finding an attractive bathing suit that fits well is like a lottery win. And you can try on hundreds of suits until you hit the jackpot. Of course the message we get is that there is nothing wrong with bathing suit manufacturers; our bodies must be the problem. The clever manufacturers market to our “problem bodies” and have lines of bathing suits with names like “The Miracle Suit” because without such a miracle we have no chance of finding a bathing suit. These so called Miracle Suits retail for over $200 so the only miracle would be if I would spend that kind of money on a bathing suit; and that will never happen.

I’ve been on a hunt for bathing suits for several months now in anticipation of a sailing holiday with friends in the Bahamas. My friend Teresa is a savvy online shopper and she suggested that I buy my bathing suits online. In truth, the thought had never crossed my mind. As my trip drew nearer and desperation set in. I had a look online. Low and behold I found exactly the style of bathing suit that I was looking for online at Simons – a Quebec based department store. The bathing suit was $40 and came in black and plum. Simons was offering free shipping and free returns so what did I have to lose? All I can say is that these are my miracle suits. They couldn’t fit any better if I had them made for me. And from now on I will only buy my bathing suits online. Who knows, I may learn to like shopping for bathing suits - or at least not dread it.

Best of luck on your transition from Seasonal Affective Disorder to Swimsuit Shopping Despair.
someecards

Make someone smile today.

Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment