Thursday 30 January 2020

I Thought He Was, But He Wasn’t



When dipping into the online dating pool, one must remember that anything can be polished online.
Quote Master

I have a classic online dating scam to share with you. I began communicating with a very nice gentleman. He was called Radford Oswald, age 63, living in Toronto and Swedish.




Radford was a widower. Ten years ago, his wife and daughter were killed in an accident. Unfortunately, Radford was a cardiac surgeon and couldn’t do anything to help his family. He was left with twin boys. Unable to stay in Sweden, he and the boys moved to Toronto.

No longer wanting to practice medicine, a friend of his in the States, got him interested in designing surgical suites for hospitals. When Radford and I started communicating, he was working on a job in Ottawa. We started texting or talking twice a day, and it was lovely. Before his Ottawa job was finished, he got a large job in South Africa. So, he finished the Ottawa job, came home to Toronto, and left for South Africa.

Everything was fine. Communicating with a 7-hour time change was difficult, but manageable. And then came the online dating scam. He called one day, and he was stressed. Radford had ordered materials from Turkey and they arrived, but he couldn’t access his bank account to get money to clear the goods! He wanted me to lend him the money. I said HELL NO! And I hung up.

Anytime someone asks you for money say HELL NO! There is NO REASON IN THE WORLD to give someone that you DON’T KNOW any money.

He kept texting for another day, showing me his bank account, and I must tell you that his documents looked good. But the bank account was from a little bank in Florida. No one who lives in Toronto and is Swedish has a bank account in Jacksonville or Orlando, Florida. 

So now I have an online dating scam to share with you. If you see his photo (probably with another name and another story) and his Toronto phone number 437-563-5663, report him to the company. I couldn’t report him because he took his profile down.

Online dating helps me meet and break up with someone without leaving the house.
Someecards

Make someone smile today.

Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment