Thursday 22 December 2016

Do You Still Send Christmas Cards?

Sending paperless Christmas cards is a great way to feel better about the murdered tree in your living room.
someecards

I still send Christmas cards, although each year the number of cards that I send and receive dwindles. Considering the hectic pace of life these days, it’s no surprise. Shopping for cards, addressing cards, buying stamps and mailing cards quite frankly has become burdensome. I have to tell you that I find the cost of stamps for what can best be described as an inefficient postal system obscene! This is the price of postage originating in Canada providing your envelope is exactly the right size and your card is as light as a feather:

Within Canada: $0.85
To the U.S.: $1.20
International: $2.50

How long your cards will take to arrive at their destination is anyone’s guess but it's become a very expensive and inefficient way to send greetings. Every year I notice that more people are sending eCards. When this trend first originated, quite frankly, I didn’t like it much. But, I’ve begun to make the move. I now send all of my international cards electronically – the cost of postage annoyed me so much it pushed me over the edge. I sent a few local eCards this year but next year, I’m going to make my move and send more local cards electronically until I phase out paper cards completely. However, I must confess that this has nothing what-so-ever to do with being eco-friendly. I sincerely believe that the time for paper cards has come and gone.

I wish everyone a wonderful holiday season, electronically, of course.

Good thing you put a photo of your kids on your holiday card in case anyone hadn’t seen the 15,239 you posted on Facebook this year.
someecards

Make someone smile today.

Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment