Sunday 11 February 2018

Life’s Too Short


Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself.
Gene Simmons

So often we seem to live our lives on automatic pilot, content to maintain the status quo. But, stop for a moment and ask yourself if that’s enough? Are you are really happy? Do you like your job? Is your home your sanctuary? Are you surrounded by people who enrich your life?

I’m by nature a happy person. My manager in a previous job described me as having infectious positivity. I was recently in a position that was robbing me of my smile and I allowed it. It was a good job, with good money for a good company – everyone’s dream, but mine. The environment was stifling and oppressive. I felt strangled, deflated and defeated, but I soldiered on until I knew that I had no choice but to leave - my smile was gone and I couldn’t find it. Even though I didn’t have another position lined up, I gave my notice and reclaimed my smile!

This isn’t a dress rehearsal. Life’s too short to be miserable.

  • Surround yourself with happy, positive people that enrich your life
  • Find a work environment that inspires and encourages you to be your very best
  • Stop caring what other people think
  • Wear clothes and accessories that make you happy, not conform
  • Don’t be afraid to stand out
  • Stop obsessing over food and enjoy it
  • Eat real butter, real cheese and dessert once in a while
  • Being a size 0 shouldn’t be your goal in life
  • Don’t waste your life commuting


I’m going to continue looking for a job that excites and inspires me every day. I have butter in my freezer and really good cheese in the fridge. From time to time I will have dessert. I was born bigger than a size 0 and have no desire to look like a stick figure. I embrace my quirky taste in fashion and have a closet full of less than conventional clothes that make me happy. My sun glass collection currently stands at 20 and is still growing. I value each and every one of the happy, positive, enriching people in my life. And I love coming home to my sanctuary. Now if only my golf game would improve…

Life is too short to live on low-fat everything.
Kristin Scott Thomas

Make someone smile today.

Geri



No comments:

Post a Comment