Wednesday 28 February 2018

My New Favourite Beauty Product


If you think there’s no such thing as a magic wand, you’ve clearly never used mascara.
Payal Puri

In the last several years, I’ve become a minimalist where makeup is concerned – mascara, blush and lipstick. Readers of my blog already know that I’m devoted to Stila liquid blush (I’ve recently changed colour from Rosewater to Shimmering Lotus) and MAC Russian Red Lipstick (I won’t even take out the trash without my Russian Red). I’ve also been happily using Chanel mascara (seriously overpriced, but great!) for several years now.

I recently dropped into the MAC counter at the Bay on Queen to recycle my old makeup containers and get a free lipstick – yes, Russian Red! Allie served me and she had the most amazing eyelashes. Of course I wanted to know how she did it. Her trick is a MAC product called False Lashes Maximizer. You apply it like mascara. It’s white and coats your lashes. Then you apply your mascara and voila! It really makes your lashes look fuller and longer and stops your mascara from running so I can now wear mascara on my lower lashes. I also tried MAC’s Extra Dimension Black Mascara and was super impressed; I love the very narrow wand. I wanted to see how it performed next to my Chanel mascara so at home I did the mascara test. First I used the False Lashes Maximizer. Then on my right eye I applied two coats of the Chanel Volume Black Mascara and on my left eye I applied two coats of the MAC Extra Dimension Black Mascara. I was very surprised that the MAC mascara won the contest (not by much).

False Lashes Maximizer is my new favourite beauty product and I will stay with the MAC Extra Dimension Black Mascara which out-performed Chanel and is significantly cheaper. What are your favourite beauty products?

I won’t cry for you. My mascara is too expensive.
Unknown


Make someone smile today.

Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment