Saturday 26 December 2015

Online Predators Are Trolling For You!



Online dating is just as murky and full of lemons as finding a used car in the classifieds. Once you learn the lingo, it's easier to spot the models with high mileage and no warranty.
LAURIE PERRY

You probably watch Dr. Phil and see women whose lives have been ruined by online dating predators. And, I’m sure that you think that it can’t happen to you; but it can happen to anyone. Online predators are out there on every dating website, and they’re trolling for you.

Just yesterday I got a message from an online predator. They’re usually pretty easy to identify and this one was no exception. English is supposed to be their first and only language, yet their profile and messages are clearly not written by a native English speaker. Below is the profile of the online predator that contacted me. Read the highlighted portions out loud and you’ll see what I mean.

Predator’s online dating profile:
I am positive, romantic, sensual and affectionate. I love my life so much! I like active life. I am loving, caring, reliable, funny, playful and very romantic. I like being playful and enjoy the moments life offers. I am really open person and always ready to help people who need me! I try to be always in a good mood. To tell the truth I like everything beautiful - nature, poetry, beautiful paintings! I dream to be a tender flower in hands of my beloved. I am intelligent, clever and well-mannered person. I am open to new people in my life and very communicative. A lot of women are really materialistic so I understand how difficult it might be for men to find a good woman.I would better support and love my partner! I really adore traveling and would be happy to visit many beautiful places together and have many romantic evenings! I am a romantic and a dreamy person. I like sitting somewhere near the sea and enjoying a really amazing landscape! I am a good friend and a good listener so you may not hesitate and write me because I am the one you need. For me the most important thing in life is love. I want to love and to be loved. I think love should be mutual and I hope to find my love here!

Most online predators are widowers and this one was no different. However, the most damning piece of evidence was his blatant identity theft. He used a photo that wasn’t his. How did I know that? You can search images on Google (Go to Google images and drag and drop the image into the search bar). I did an image search and found that the photo that he posted belonged to a British soldier at his Millie Award ceremony in 2012.

Below is the message that he sent me.
Hi gorgeous how're you doing out there ? I just had a look at your profile so i thought of sending you a message. I'm a widower and in the Canadian Army for 28 years.I'm currently stationed in Iraq where we are undergoing a secret mission.I've been here for 3 good years and will be coming home for good by the end of February 2016. When i come home i live around Ajax Ontario but i don't mind relocating or meeting you anywhere i can if the chemistry works out properly. I have one lovely daughter and two adorable grand children..Have a nice day and will be looking forward to read a message from you soon.Warn regards. Bryan

This is too ridiculous for words. Can you imagine a Canadian soldier on a secret mission in Iraq sending a message to anonymous person on an online dating site, telling them that he’s on a secret mission?

Beware of online predators. Always do a Google image search and pay attention to how the profile and messages are written. It's better to be safe than sorry. Good luck and happy dating!

So his profile said Thai, Indian and Chinese. He wanted a mail order bride, not dinner.
Tokki.com

Make someone smile.

Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment