Wednesday 16 December 2015

Why Isn’t Anyone Interested in Sex Anymore?

I haven't trusted polls since I read that 62% of women had affairs during their lunch hour. I've never met a woman in my life who would give up lunch for sex.
Erma Bombeck

I just read a HighSpeedInternet.com/Google Consumer survey that quite frankly shocked me (and there’s very little that shocks me).

Question: What would you rather give up for 6 months? The Internet or physical intimacy?
Answer: Nearly 50% of those ages 18-24 surveyed said they would rather give up sex than Internet. Just under 30% of those ages 45-64 would give up sex for Internet.

After the initial shock wore off, the survey answers actually made sense to me. For the younger generations, smartphones and tablets function as an appendage. Typically you see young people sitting side by side, each interacting with their own electronic devices, not each other. What's worse is that this type of behaviour is not restricted to our youth. In restaurants I frequently see couples sitting across the table from each other on their smartphones, not talking to each other. What a pathetic excuse for a date!

I find it quite sad that electronic and virtual communication have become more important than human contact. And, an overabundance of testosterone is being wasted on young men who would rather play with a smartphone or a tablet than have sex. What a world!

The only time a woman has a true orgasm is when she's shopping. 
Joan Rivers

Make someone smile today.

Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment