Monday 7 September 2015

My Divorce is Final - From Rogers






After a very long and stormy relationship I am more than delighted to report that my divorce from Rogers Communications is final!

Rogers and I have had a dysfuntional relationship from the beginning. Fate brought us together and lack of options kept us together. Back in the old days when I wanted cable tv and high speed Internet, Rogers was the only provider that addressed my building (in mid-town). So, it was Rogers or nothing. Bell wasn't available until years later. And so began my very unhealthy relationship with Rogers.

The Internet service was never reliable and my passtime was demanding credits for the time my service was down. Of course getting to a live body is an exercise in indigestion. They get away with murder because the series of endless voice prompts and wait times discourage over 90% of the clients from following through with their calls. The tv service is reliable but outrageously priced. There are over 100 channels and nothing to watch. For years there has been talk about a la carte tv, but it has still not come to pass. So I continued to pay big bills for lousy Internet and the very few cable tv channels I watch.

The quality of Rogers Internet service was getting worse until it was about on par with the quality of their customer service. Thanks to my friend and Techie Guru Erik, I learned about small Internet service providers who provide excellent quality and much better prices. After reading the reviews I selected start.ca and have never been happier. They are a wonderful company to do business with and you can reach a live body instantly - every time. What a concept! Rogers was finally banished from my Internet life. Unfortunately I still had them for cable. Until now.

Cable tv is a dinosaur for the younger generations. All of their media is streamed. When it comes to technology the young people are smart and the old farts like me tend to resist change. We either embrace change or go kicking and screaming, but eventually we get there. My eventually finally came. I read about a device called Roku which gives you access to tons of tv, movies and radio that's all streamed on demand. The device is a one time cost (less than $100). From this device there is an enormous amount of free media. Or you can get paid subscriptions to programming from Netflix and others for fractions of what your monthly cable bill is. So I finally took the plunge and dumped Rogers who like a lousy husband, took way too much and gave way too little.

Our divorce is now final and I couldn't be happier.

Make someone smile today.

Geri


1 comment:

  1. Good 4 u.I will take the same advice immediately. And so should all of us. Rogers.......blows cheese....

    ReplyDelete