Sunday 6 September 2015

Welcome to Geri's Jewels

Welcome to Geri's Jewels, a blog that is not about my jewelry. In fact I have no idea what it's going to be about from post to post, except that it won't be about my jewelry. You see I've never had any intention of writing a personal blog. However, it appears that for reasons that totally escape me, my friends find me highly amusing and an accomplished storyteller. Over the years they've encouraged me to tell my stories in a blog, a thought that I never paid any mind to. Last Friday I was having lunch with Sue and Eileen at CocoaLatte, our favourite neighbourhood cafe, and the conversation about the blog came up again. I don't know why I gave it a second thought, and clearly a third, but I did. So, here I am on blogger, ready to share what my friends consider to be "my jewels" with you. 

I believe you have to find the humour in life to survive. Here are a few of my favourite quotes about humour.

A day without laughter is a day wasted.

Charlie Chaplin

From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.

Dr. Seuss

Laughter is an instant vacation.

Milton Berle

Hopefully some of what I say will amuse you. If not, tell my friends that they're liars.

Make someone smile today.

Geri
 



No comments:

Post a Comment