Wednesday 23 September 2015

The 5 Makeup Products I Can't Live Without

As a confirmed makeup addict I can tell you with a great deal of confidence that there are very few products I haven't tried. Of all of those, there are 5 makeup products that I can't live without and here they are.

1. MAC Russian Red Lipstick: This is by far my favourite! I've been using it exclusively for at least 25 years and it's lasted longer than any man in my life. It never dissapoints; it's consistent; and it always performs. Who could ask for more! Red lipstick makes me happy and I rarely put out the trash without my lipstick. If you've never worn red lipstick, throw caution to the wind and give it a whirl. There more shades of red than any other colour. You're bound to find one that you fall in love with too.
2. MAC Lip Prep + Prime: This is the companion to my red lipstick. As you may or may not know, red lipstick bleeds (other colours do as well). Some people line their lips with a pencil to contain their lipstick, but I hate using pencils. Prep + Prime goes on under your lipstick and miraculously your lipstick doesn't bleed. Without it, I'd probably have lipstick up my nose.
3. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Midnight (very dark blue):This stuff is amazing! I love liquid liner. It's easy to use. And best of all, it stays perfectly in place, unlike pencils that get sucked into your skin or run, making you look like a raccoon. I could go through a car wash and my liner would still be perfectly in place. I've discovered over the years that the best colour liner for my brown eyes is dark blue. It also comes in black and several other shades.
4. Chanel Volume 10 Mascara:I have to tell you upfront that I'm cheap and I would have never considered buying a $38 mascara. I became a convert due to the power of the sample. I'm a devotee of Chanel Coco Noir Eau de Parfum. Martha, the extraordinary Chanel rep at the Bay at Yonge/Bloor gave me a sample of the mascara. When I asked how much it was and Martha told me, I almost gagged. I'd been buying Maybeline Great Lash and waiting for it to go on sale for $2.99. Never-the-less I had the sample so naturally I used it. My mother (a harsh critic) and 3 women in my dentist's office thought that I was wearing false eyelashes. That was it. I was sold and I've actually happily been buying a $38 mascara. I wish that more companies would give out samples. Without a sample, I would never have bought this mascara.
5. Stila Cream Blush in Rosewater: I've tried several cream blushes and I've never been happy. I either didn't like the texture or they had a poor selection of colours. This blush has the most wonderful texture. It's almost liquid and goes on light and dewy. And it stays on.

These are my "can't live without" makeup products. What are yours?

The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy. 
Yves Saint-Laurent

Make someone smile today.

Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment