Wednesday 6 January 2016

Does Your Memory Ever Take a Vacation?

Pretty sure roughly 1/3 of my life has been standing in the middle of the room wondering what I came in here for.
Someecards

If I had $1 for every time I got up from the computer to go get something, only to discover that I didn’t have a clue why I got up in the first place, I’d be driving a Ferrari, not a Corolla.

Last night I was going to my Mom’s apartment (we live in the same building) and I wanted to bring up a few bottles of Perrier. So, in order not to forget, I put the 2 bottles of Perrier beside my keys. Of course you know that I took the keys and not the Perrier, which I didn’t realize until I got out of the elevator.

This morning was another of my “brilliant moments”. I leave a pair of reading glasses on my night stand and this morning they weren’t there. Could it be gremlins? I assumed that they must have fallen down so I got down on all fours and checked under the bed, all around the night stand, in the basket with magazines and in another basket of books, to no avail. The reading glasses had “made a Houdini”, as my late father would say. Not long ago, as I walked past my piano, there were the reading glasses, perched next to my sheet music. Sadly, it wasn’t gremlins, just a bad memory.

The frightening thing about these little episodes is that I’m 61 years old. What the hell am I going to be forgetting as I get older????? I guess I won’t remember so it won't matter.

My brain is like the Bermuda Triangle. Information goes in and then it’s never found again!
Maxine

Make someone smile today.

Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment