Sunday 3 January 2016

Donald Trump – Presidential Candidate or Reality Show Joke?

It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.
Ronald Reagan

When Donald Trump first threw his hat into the ring and announced that he was running for President of the United States of America, I laughed. I was convinced that this was no more than a publicity stunt to promote one of his new TV shows or business ventures. After all who could take a buffoon with a ridiculous comb-over, assorted wives and children and multiple bankruptcies seriously when there were real contenders in the race? I didn’t think it would take too long before he imploded as a result of his ridiculous comments, most of the inaccurate and racist. Here are just a few of Donald Trump’s pearls of wisdom.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime. They’re rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they’re telling us what we’re getting.” 

"I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me —and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

“Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.” 

“I think apologizing’s a great thing, but you have to be wrong. I will absolutely apologize, sometime in the hopefully distant future, if I’m ever wrong.”

The part that’s astounding is that no matter what he says, he continues to lead the pack by a huge margin. A recent CNN/ORC poll also showed Trump with a commanding 21-point lead over Cruz in a national survey. In the poll, Trump had 39%, while Cruz trailed him with 18%. How is this possible when he’s offended everyone? Who is this voter base that’s supporting him? The scary part is that this lunatic has now gone from a late night TV joke to being a serious contender for the presidency. All I can say is God Bless America, because if Trump becomes president, Americans are going to need a lot more than God’s blessings.

No one party can fool all of the people all of the time; that's why we have two parties.
Bob Hope

Make someone smile today.

Geri

1 comment:

  1. As a US citizen, I totally agree with you Geri.

    ~bas

    ReplyDelete